1. PC Expert Services will service your product as described and for the charges shown on the Repair Estimate plus any applicable tax. When the service is covered by Manufacturer’s warranty, extended service contract or consumer warranty law, then you need to contact the respective manufacturer directly for repair.
PC Expert Services understands that your data may be valuable to you. Data loss during service is always a possibility, and in some cases, data may be unrecoverable, erased, or reformatted during service. For this reason, it is your sole responsibility to back up all existing data, software, and/or programs from your product, and to decide whether to erase any such data from your product, prior to receiving service. PC Expert Services is not responsible for loss, recovery, or compromise of data, software or programs, or loss of use of your product or other equipment arising out of the services provided by PC Expert Services. You represent that your product does not contain any illegal files or data.
2. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, PC EXPERT SERVICES AND ITS AFFILIATES, WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM SERVICES PROVIDED OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF REVENUE; LOSS OF ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS ON CONTRACTS); LOSS OF THE USE OF MONEY; LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS; LOSS OF BUSINESS; LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY; LOSS OF GOODWILL; LOSS OF REPUTATION; LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO, OR CORRUPTION OF DATA; OR ANY COSTS OF RECOVERING, PROGRAMMING, OR RESTORING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA STORED OR USED WITH YOUR PRODUCT AND ANY FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA STORED ON YOUR PRODUCT. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION SHALL NOT APPLY TO DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS. PC EXPERT SERVICES SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT IT WILL BE ABLE TO (i) REPAIR OR REPLACE YOUR PRODUCT WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA, AND (ii) MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA. IF ANY PRODUCT SHOULD BE DAMAGED OR LOST WHILE IN PC EXPERT SERVICES CUSTODY, PC EXPERT SERVICES LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE COST OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE AFFECTED PRODUCT. OTHERWISE, PC EXPERT SERVICES LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGE SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE PAYMENTS RECEIVED BY PC EXPERT SERVICES FOR SERVICES PROVIDED PURSUANT TO THESE TERMS. THE REMEDIES SET FORTH HEREIN SHALL BE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR ANY BREACH BY PC EXPERT SERVICES UNDER THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. SOME STATES (COUNTRIES AND PROVINCES) DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
3. If you have not claimed your product and paid all charges due within fifteen (15) days after being notified by PC Expert Services that your product has been serviced, PC Expert Services will consider your product abandoned and may dispose of your product in accordance with applicable law.
4. If service involves transferring information or installing software, you represent that you have the legal right to copy the information and agree to the terms of the software license, and you authorize PC Expert Services to transfer the information and accept such terms on your behalf in performing the service.
5. PC Expert Services may use parts or products that are new or equivalent to new in reliability and performance. PC Expert Services will retain the replaced part or product that is exchanged as its property, and the replacement part will become your property. Replaced parts are generally repairable and are exchanged or repaired by PC Expert Services for value. If applicable law requires PC Expert Services to return a replaced part to you, you agree to pay PC Expert Services the additional cost of the replacement item.
6. PC Expert Services warrants parts for a period of thirty (30) days and warrants labor for a period of 1 year from the date of service (1) that service will be performed in a competent and workmanlike manner and (2) that all parts used to service your product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship, unless otherwise specified by PC Expert Services.
The foregoing warranty is an express limited warranty and in the event of breach, PC Expert Services will either (i) re-perform the service, (ii) repair or replace the part, or (iii) refund the cost of the service provided. In order to claim under the warranty you must return your product to the location where service was performed, at your expense.
Reckless use or abuse of your device will terminate this warranty. Reckless use consists of exposure to extreme cold or heat, water damage, over charging through use of a docking station, impact damage, or any other situation above and beyond normal wear and tear. Through inspection, the technicians can determine whether the device has experienced damage outside of the repairs made by PC Expert Services. Any such damage will void the warranty. Additionally, the warranty will be voided if the we detect excess tampering to the device.
This warranty does not apply if the device has been opened, self-repaired, tampered with, or repaired by any other repair facility other than PC Expert Services. This warranty is granted to the original purchaser of our services, and cannot be transferred. Must have proof of purchase. Void where ineligible by law. Void where superseded by other warranty laws. Our maximum warranty liability shall never exceed the purchase price of the initial repair order associated with this device for the part that been replaced and failed. In addition, if you elected not to proceed with any recommended repair (you selected a partial repair) we cannot provide a warranty; this is because a partial repair may inhibit the ability for all parts to operate normally.
THIS WARRANTY AND ASSOCIATED REMEDIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES, AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. PC EXPERT SERVICES SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT ABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IF PC EXPERT SERVICES CANNOT LAWFULLY DISCLAIM IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THEN ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY. SOME STATES (COUNTRIES AND PROVINCES) DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY (OR CONDITION) MAY LAST, SO THE LIMITATION DESCRIBED ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
7. AN ESTIMATE FOR REPAIRS, AS REQUIRED (SECTION 9844 OF THE CALIFORNIA BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONS CODE), SHALL BE GIVEN TO THE CUSTOMER BY THE SERVICE DEALER IN WRITING. THE SERVICE DEALER MAY NOT CHARGE FOR WORK DONE OR PARTS SUPPLIED IN EXCESS OF THE ESTIMATE WITHOUT THE PRIOR CONSENT OF THE CUSTOMER. WHERE PROVIDED IN WRITING THE SERVICE DEALER MAY CHARGE A REASONABLE FEE FOR SERVICES PROVIDED IN DETERMINING THE NATURE OF THE MALFUNCTION IN PREPARATION OF A WRITTEN ESTIMATE FOR REPAIR. FOR INFORMATION, CONTACT THE BUREAU OF ELECTRONIC AND APPLIANCE REPAIR, DEPARTMENT OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS, SACRAMENTO, CA 95814.
8. PC Expert Services shall not install any licensed software (purchased or free) on repaired devices. The Consumer will be responsible on installing all their licensed software on their device(s) after the repair is completed and the device is in consumer possession.
It is the consumer responsibility to backup or maintain the license(s) of any software (like Microsoft Software Products) that are installed on their device in advance. PC Expert Services will not be held liable if any of the software license(s) are lost or erased during repair.
9. At PC Expert Services you can pay with all major credit cards online or at time of picking up your device. When using a debit card as payment, the card is charged immediately following the authorization. The Issuing Bank determines when to release the hold on the dollar amount when a refund is processed.